LimeWire is the world's most popular peer-to-peer file-sharing program.
It is open standard software running on an open protocol, free for the
public to use. LimeWire allows you to share any file such as .mp3,
.avi, jpg, tiff, etc., allows you to search for multiple files
at the same time, available in several different languages
and is most famous for its ease-of-use and cross-platform
compatibility. With over 70 million unique monthly users, the software
is downloaded hundreds of thousands of times every day and boasts
millions of active users at any given moment. LimeWire uses the
BitTorrent protocol and the Gnutella network to provide an unparalleled
searches and download
speed to the user. Limewire is written in Java, and will run on
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, Solaris, and other computing platforms. As
always, LimeWire takes the security of its users very seriously and
will never bundle spyware, adware, or viruses.
1. NO BUNDLED SOFTWARE OF ANY KIND! No spyware. No adware. Guaranteed.
2. Faster network connections. Using new "UDP Host Caches", LimeWire starts up and connects faster then ever before!
3. Universal Plug 'N Play. UPnP support allows LimeWire to find more search results and have faster downloads.
4. iTunes Integration. Windows users can now take advantage of LimeWire's iTunes integration.
Firewall to Firewall Transfers. Since about 60% of users are currently
firewalled, this feature greatly increases the amount of content on the
Commons Integration. LimeWire now recognizes OGGs and MP3s licensed under a Creative Commons License.
7. "What's New?" feature. Users can browse the network for the most recent content additions.
Search drill down results. Searches in LimeWire now immediately display
the artists, albums and other information that fully describes files.
9. Proxy support. Users can now use web proxies to route their to protect their identity.
Support for International searches and International groups. Users can
now search in any language, and LimeWire ensures that a user will be
connected to other users with their own language to aide international
users to receive search results in their native language and to find
content from sources that are close to home.
LimeWire still has the following great features:
• Ease of use - just install, run, and search
• Ability to search by artist, title, genre, or other metainformation
• Elegant multiple search tabbed interface
• "Swarm" downloads from multiple hosts help you get files faster
• iTunes integration for Mac and Windows users
• Unique "ultrapeer" technology reduces bandwidth requirements for most users
• Integrated chat
• Directly connect to a computer
• Browse host feature--even works through firewalls
• Added Bitzi metadata lookup
• International versions: Now available in many new languages
• Connects to the network using GWebCache, a distributed connection system
• Automatic local network searches for lightning-fast downloads
• Support for MAGNET links that allow you to click on web page links that access Gnutella