- The Fastest P2P File Sharing Program on the Planet, running on the
Gnutella Network. It is open standard software running on an open
protocol, free for the public to use. LimeWire allows you to share any
file such as.mp3s, .avis, jpgs, tiffs, etc., allows you to search for
multiple files at the same time, available in several different
languages, and is most famous for its ease-of-use and cross-platform
compatibility. Limewire is written in Java, and will run on Windows,
Macintosh, Linux, Solaris, and other computing platforms.
1. NO BUNDLED SOFTWARE OF ANY KIND! No spyware. No adware. Guaranteed.
Firewall to Firewall Transfers. Since about 60% of users are currently
firewalled, this feature greatly increases the amount of content on the
3. Faster network connections. Using new "UDP Host Caches", LimeWire starts up and connects faster then ever before!
4. Universal Plug 'N Play. UPnP support allows LimeWire to find more search results and have faster downloads.
5. iTunes Integration. Windows users can now take advantage of LimeWire's iTunes integration.
6. Creative Commons Integration. LimeWire now recognizes OGGs and MP3s licensed under a Creative Commons License.
7. "What's New?" feature. Users can browse the network for the most recent content additions.
Search drill down results. Searches in LimeWire now immediately display
the artists, albums and other information that fully describes files.
9. Proxy support. Users can now use web proxies to route their to protect their identity.
Support for International searches and International groups. Users can
now search in any language, and LimeWire ensures that a user will be
connected to other users with their own language to aide international
users to receive search results in their native language and to find
content from sources that are close to home.
Please write thanks, it take only 5 second.