Desktop" (Talisman) is a desktop alternative and shell-replacement for
Windows 9x/ME and NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista, capable of transforming your
desktop into an interface organized as you like. The programs basic
purpose: Launch other applications in a new interface, instead of the
standard Windows desktop. But the opportunities presented by "Talisman"
are much broader. The program does not limit your computer fantasies -
draw anything you like and arrange it as your imagination tells you to.
When you get tired of looking at the same screen - change it all over
again. If you are in a good mood - throw flowers and favorite photos on
the screen. If youre not feeling so bright - leave the black screen
with lonely Norton Commander or winking Bill Gates. Create invisible
buttons - they will open those places and the pictures, known only to
you. Construct galleries of the best pictures and photos. Simply create
your own little world, created by and for you, instead of staring at
the same lines of icons on your desktop, year after year.
the help of "Talisman" you can create your own interface or use one of
the hundreds ready themes that are available in our collections and in
the internet. Interface (theme) is a set of screens, forms, "rooms" and
objects. All these objects are interactive and respond to movements or
clicks of the mouse.
The basic sphere of application of
"Talisman" is the creation of custom-made interfaces for home and
office computers. Talisman Desktop also allows to create:
* Presentation interfaces for Exhibitions, Shows, Advertisement, etc. Example
* Protected interfaces for Game Clubs, Information Kiosks, Museums, Libraries and other organizations. Examples
* Protected interfaces for Hotels, Schools, Universities and other
organizations where the limited set of accessible programs is
* Childrens interfaces. Examples
* HTPC (Home Theater PC), Media Center interfaces. Example
* Car PC interfaces (built-in car computers). Example
* Desktop Panels. Desktop Panels covers only a part of desktop. They
allow to add Talisman functionality to your standard Windows workspace.
* Tablet PC, touch-screen interfaces.
* Interfaces for companies.
* Other non-standard and protected interfaces for Windows-based computers.
Pentium-300 or better, 128Mb RAM or higher, video card with High Color
(16bit) or True Color (24bit, 32bit) mode, Windows9x/ME, Windows
NT4/2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista.
Size: 7.3 MB